arla and Kerberos V5

David Fries dfries at umr.edu
Mon Nov 13 03:29:36 CET 2000

On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 03:41:35PM -0500, Aaron M. Ucko wrote:
> <dfries at umr.edu> (David Fries) writes:
>
> > I have MIT Kerberos V5, arla 0.34.6, and krbafs 0.9.8 installed.  I am
> > wanting to access my university account.  kinit, and ktelnet using V5
> > let me login to the remote systems just fine.
> >
> > If I try `kinit -4` it says
> > kinit(v4): Principal unknown (kerberos)
> >
> > Does that sound like a configuration problem or would that mean they
> > don't support kerberos V4?
>
> Could be either.  Have you tried getting V5 tickets and running
> krb524init?  If you normally use aklog to get tokens with V4 tickets,
> have you tried using aklog5 to get tokens with V5 tickets?
> <ftp://ftp.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/pub/kerberos5/afs-krb5-1.3.tar.gz>
> contains the sources, which might need a bit of porting.

That was a hard compile to do.  Apparently it wasn't set up for the
distribution of other programs I used because I had to comment out
some function calls the other libraries didn't provide, not to mention
getting the header files and libraries correct.

But it works.  Thanks for the location of that program.  I'm calling
it a hack, but it is doing what I want so it is good enough for me.

Linux 2.4.0-test9, debian distribution

--
		|      David Fries                |