arla and Kerberos V5

Aaron M. Ucko amu at mit.edu
Sun Nov 12 23:18:38 CET 2000

<dfries at umr.edu> (David Fries) writes:

> I have MIT Kerberos V5, arla 0.34.6, and krbafs 0.9.8 installed.  I am
> wanting to access my university account.  kinit, and ktelnet using V5
> let me login to the remote systems just fine.
>
> If I try `kinit -4` it says
> kinit(v4): Principal unknown (kerberos)
>
> Does that sound like a configuration problem or would that mean they
> don't support kerberos V4?

Could be either.  Have you tried getting V5 tickets and running
krb524init?  If you normally use aklog to get tokens with V4 tickets,
have you tried using aklog5 to get tokens with V5 tickets?
<ftp://ftp.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/pub/kerberos5/afs-krb5-1.3.tar.gz>
contains the sources, which might need a bit of porting.

HTH, and good luck.

--
Aaron M. Ucko, KB1CJC <amu at mit.edu> (finger amu at monk.mit.edu)