loads of XFS panics

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue May 9 22:30:10 CEST 2000

Hi Assar,

On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 09:52:05PM +0200, Assar Westerlund wrote:
> > I just compiled and installed ARLA 0.33 - it gave me a horrible lot of
> > XFS Panic messages all over the place.
> > I made a copy of /var/log/messages after running "fs xfsdebug
> > almost-all" and placed it under
> > http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~tisc/arla-xfs-messages
>
> Thanks.  These messages take themselves more seriously than they
> should.  They should of course not happen, an we should print them but
s/should/should not/?

> they do not really that mean something is wrong for you, but rather
> that code doesn't do what other parts of it assume it will.
hmmm. The bad thing is that this is
a) very confusing
b) renders the system almost unusable with such a flood of messages
everywhere.

Would an option "-debug=errors,warnings" passed to arlad fix these issues?
My problem is that I'm maintaining an ARLA RPM and I cannot live with
thousands of non-critical "error" messages popping up everywhere.

> So don't worry about and tell us to fix it. :-)
BTW: I could not find a list of supported debug options, a more
comprehenshive help screen would be helpful (I could also have a look
and add it myself)

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *