More problems

maydin@us.ibm.com maydin at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 25 17:27:40 CEST 2000

I am running a dual processor system since /proc/cpuinfo tells me that
there are 2 processors.
when I try arlad -tz, I first got the following message:
[root at s390laba bin]# ./arlad -tz
Tue Jul 25 11:21:06 2000: arlad: mkdir /usr/arla/cache: Unknown error
2147477080
I discovered that this error is due to the fact that /usr/arla/cache
already existed as a part of my previous effort to run arla.
deleting the cache directory cured this problem, but now I get the
following messages:
[root at s390laba bin]# ./arlad -tz
Unable to find service afs3-fileserver/udp, using port 7000
Unable to find service afs3-callback/udp, using port 7001
Unable to find service afs3-prserver/udp, using port 7002
Unable to find service afs3-vlserver/udp, using port 7003
Unable to find service afs3-kaserver/udp, using port 7004
Unable to find service afs3-volser/udp, using port 7005
Unable to find service afs3-errors/udp, using port 7006
Unable to find service afs3-bos/udp, using port 7007
Unable to find service afs3-update/udp, using port 7008
Unable to find service afs3-rmtsys/udp, using port 7009
hipri was 3 actually 0
hipri was 3 actually 1
hipri was 3 actually 1
hipri was 3 actually 1
hipri was 3 actually 1
Tue Jul 25 11:21:21 2000: arlad: getting ticket for apd.pok.ibm.com: No
ticket f
ile (tf_util)
Tue Jul 25 11:21:21 2000: arlad: Lost connection to
9.117.192.2/afs3-vlserver
Tue Jul 25 11:21:21 2000: arlad: Lost connection to
9.117.192.15/afs3-vlserver
Tue Jul 25 11:21:21 2000: arlad: Lost connection to
9.117.194.65/afs3-vlserver
Tue Jul 25 11:21:21 2000: arlad: Lost connection to
9.117.192.16/afs3-vlserver
Tue Jul 25 11:21:21 2000: arlad: Lost connection to
9.117.192.1/afs3-vlserver
Tue Jul 25 11:21:21 2000: arlad: Failed to contact any db servers in cell
1(apd.
pok.ibm.com)
Tue Jul 25 11:21:21 2000: arlad: Cannot find the root volume (root.afs) in
cell
apd.pok.ibm.com
[root at s390laba bin]#
The ip numbers are the afs servers in apd.pok.ibm.com.  I had tried with
these settings in intel linux
and it worked, so I am assuming I need to modify more than just CellServDB
and ThisCell files, which I did.

Also, what is afs3-vlserver, etc.... what do they mean?

Unfortunately my ksyms file does not hafe kernel_flag in it, so I am
assuming I have to recompile the kernel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Sent by:  lha at e.kth.se