problems to compile arla on NetBSD m68k

Christoph Wissing wissing at mail.desy.de
Tue Jul 25 15:09:28 CEST 2000

Hi Harald,

> > Maybe his first idea that there is something wrong with my
> > compiler/assembler setup is correct. I am not cross compiling. Perhaps you
> > can guide me what to check I am really lost with this assembler stuff.
>
> What kind of m68k box have you got? There are different branches in
> the NetBSD kernel source for example mac68k, next68k ...

I am still using my good old Amiga2000 equipped with a 68040 board.

> Can you compile a new kernel? If yes, have a look at how locore.o is
> made, because locore.o sure is assembled from locore.s

Due to a y2k bug I recompiled the 1.4.1 kernel without problems.
Now I have upgraded to 1.4.2. But I had similar problems when I tried to
compile arla on that version.

> Something like

[some details cut]

> test the following:

[some details cut]

I will try all this but I need some time to do this. First I would like to
install the 1.4.2 kernel source. Second one needs some time to compile
bigger stuff on a m68k. Let's see. I will report when I have found a free
evening.

Anyway thanks again for the hints.

Cheers,

	Christoph