problems to compile arla on NetBSD m68k

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Tue Jul 25 12:56:14 CEST 2000

> Maybe his first idea that there is something wrong with my
> compiler/assembler setup is correct. I am not cross compiling. Perhaps you
> can guide me what to check I am really lost with this assembler stuff.

What kind of m68k box have you got? There are different branches in
the NetBSD kernel source for example mac68k, next68k ...

Can you compile a new kernel? If yes, have a look at how locore.o is
made, because locore.o sure is assembled from locore.s

Something like

cd /usr/src/sys/arch/your-m68k-arch/compile/GENERIC/
mv locore.o locore.o.out-of-the-way
make locore.o

shows you hopefully a working way to assemble.

Output from "/bin/sh -x make-process.o.sh" to see the actual command
doing the assembly.

test the following:

cd where-your-arla-obj-tree-is/lwp
cc -I../include -Iwhere-your-arla-src-is/lwp -x assembler-with-cpp -DASSEMBLER -c process.S

Harald.