setpag (klog is broken, I know)

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Tue Feb 8 03:50:35 CET 2000

Christopher Allen Wing <wingc at engin.umich.edu> writes:

> Basically, the 'getarg' parser in the Arla code does not do everything
> that klog needs. I am very busy at the moment and when I get some free
> time, I need to negotiate with the main Arla developers to decide what
> changes need to be made.

The getarg issue is a mess.

It's not obvius that that putting more patches into getarg will make getarg
more pleaseant to look at/use.

There is some things with getarg that you can't do today and you want
to. Adding them getarg changes getarg radically.

There is also the problem that getarg isn't getarg. We can't really upgrade
to a new libroken, since we hacked getarg to something else. Having a
libroken that isn't a libroken is very bad and need to dealt with.

Two choses really: rename getarg and hack to death, or rewrite to something
better (we want to merge getarg and sl).

We have talked about it, but never reached any consensus.