linux - arla

Camelia Botez camelia at wicc.weizmann.ac.il
Sun Feb 6 08:50:52 CET 2000

Camelia Botez

System Administrator
Weizmann Institute of Science - Physics Faculty
E-mail
camelia.botez at weizmann.ac.il
Phone 972-8-9343288
Fax   972-8-9344106 or 972-8-9344102

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Dr A V Le Blanc wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 02:55:41PM +0200, Camelia Botez wrote:
> >>
> >> try:
> >>
> >> mount -t xfs arla /afs
> >>
> >> your files should then appear under  /afs/cern.ch/user/l/levinson
> >
> > Thank you but this was the first thing to do following the INSTALLATION
> > instructions and the result was the same (that's why I tried mount -t xfs
> > /afs/cern.ch/user/l/levinson /afs to see what happens).
>
> You're certainly not stopped by the firewall:
>
> avl 14:21:13 > ls /afs/cern.ch/user/l/levinson/
> Construct_Man   TGC          higz_windows.dat  mail     public
> LORNE           TGCWWW       hp_bits1.rea      muTDR    temp
> LVL1TDR         bin          last.kumac        nsmail   timecorelations
> Lvl1Wrkshp.txt  dead.letter  last.kumacold     private  www
> avl 14:21:25 >
>
> This is from here in Manchester.  It doesn't sound as if you have
> the right information in your configuration files.  I'm mounting
> the root.afs from our cell, of course, but you need the name
> of a cell in your /usr/arla/etc/ThisCell which has cern.ch's
> root.cell mounted in its root.afs, and you need the right servers
> for cern.ch in your /usr/arla/etc/CellServDB.

Dear mister Le Blanc , if you succeeded to see
/afs/cern.ch/user/l/levinson why don't you send me the
/usr/arla/etc/ThisCell files and /usr/arla/etc/CellServDB you used for
this in order to move on with arla.
If also with the configuration used by you it won't work that meens that
something else is wrong.