linux - arla

Dr A V Le Blanc LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk
Tue Feb 1 15:25:17 CET 2000

On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 02:55:41PM +0200, Camelia Botez wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, A.J.Martin wrote:
>> On Tue, 01 Feb 2000, Camelia Botez wrote:
>>> mount -t xfs /afs/cern.ch/user/l/levinson /afs
>>
>> try:
>>
>> mount -t xfs arla /afs
>>
>> your files should then appear under  /afs/cern.ch/user/l/levinson
>
> Thank you but this was the first thing to do following the INSTALLATION
> instructions and the result was the same (that's why I tried mount -t xfs
> /afs/cern.ch/user/l/levinson /afs to see what happens).

You're certainly not stopped by the firewall:

avl 14:21:13 > ls /afs/cern.ch/user/l/levinson/
Construct_Man   TGC          higz_windows.dat  mail     public
LORNE           TGCWWW       hp_bits1.rea      muTDR    temp
LVL1TDR         bin          last.kumac        nsmail   timecorelations
Lvl1Wrkshp.txt  dead.letter  last.kumacold     private  www
avl 14:21:25 >

This is from here in Manchester.  It doesn't sound as if you have
the right information in your configuration files.  I'm mounting
the root.afs from our cell, of course, but you need the name
of a cell in your /usr/arla/etc/ThisCell which has cern.ch's
root.cell mounted in its root.afs, and you need the right servers
for cern.ch in your /usr/arla/etc/CellServDB.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk