ARLA 0.34.1 on Solaris8 i386

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Thu Aug 17 17:38:10 CEST 2000

"Savvas Ioannou" <savvas at spidernet.net> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I was wondering if anyone is running ARLA  0.34.1 on Solaris8 i386.  I have
> installed this and I seem to be having problems all over the place.

There seems to be some problem with rxkad with solaris i386, some people
around here have one, but they have so far not been able to diagnose what
the error is.

> modinfo reports that xfs is loaded as follows:
>
> 184 fea642d4   925a 101   1  xfs (xfs syscall)
> 184 fea642d4   925a 138   1  xfs (xfs cdev driver)
> 184 fea642d4   925a  19   1  xfs (xfs filesystem)

Good.

> everything up to 'mount_xfs' works but if I try to start 'arlad' without
> deleting the cache directory I am getting:
>
> "Assertion failed: !listemptyp (lrulist), file fcache.c, line 887
> Abort (core dumped)"

Yeah, that is a known bug, I think that is fixed in current cvs. You can
also start arlad with -z.

> If I delete the contents of cache directory, arlad starts but if I try to
> run 'klog' I get:
>
> "Hmm, your machine doesn't seem to have kernel support for AFS"
>
> This is not normal right?  Does this seem that xfs is not loading into the
> kernel?  Does anybody know what is the ideal configuration for Solaris8 for
> /etc/name_to_sysnum?

You should try setting the enviroment-varible AFSSYSCALL to xfs or the
number afs has.