ARLA 0.34.1 on Solaris8 i386

Savvas Ioannou savvas at spidernet.net
Thu Aug 17 17:19:32 CEST 2000

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone is running ARLA  0.34.1 on Solaris8 i386.  I have
installed this and I seem to be having problems all over the place.

modinfo reports that xfs is loaded as follows:

184 fea642d4   925a 101   1  xfs (xfs syscall)
184 fea642d4   925a 138   1  xfs (xfs cdev driver)
184 fea642d4   925a  19   1  xfs (xfs filesystem)

everything up to 'mount_xfs' works but if I try to start 'arlad' without
deleting the cache directory I am getting:

"Assertion failed: !listemptyp (lrulist), file fcache.c, line 887
Abort (core dumped)"

If I delete the contents of cache directory, arlad starts but if I try to
run 'klog' I get:

"Hmm, your machine doesn't seem to have kernel support for AFS"

This is not normal right?  Does this seem that xfs is not loading into the
kernel?  Does anybody know what is the ideal configuration for Solaris8 for
/etc/name_to_sysnum?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Regards

Savvas.