problem compiling arla-0.34.1

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Thu Aug 17 11:39:10 CEST 2000

Bernhard Mogens Ege <bme at vision.auc.dk> writes:

> gcc is version 2.96 (if it matters). Generally, I am using stuff from
> rawhide, which might cause the problem. Retrying with kgcc
> (egcs-2.91.66) solves the problem.
>
> Is this a gcc 2.96 bug or an arla assumption that doesn't hold?

This is bug in the old libroken that we used, that is fixed in the current
cvs-tree.

Can you check the yourself (there is instructions on the website) or do you
want a snapshot ?

You'll need to build the kernel-module with the same gcc that you build the
kernel with.

Try runnig configure as this:

  env KERNEL_CC=my-gcc-that-I-built-the-kernel-with ./configure