arlad configuration

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Fri Aug 11 12:58:25 CEST 2000

mc at hack.org writes:

> Love <lha at stacken.kth.se> writes:
>
> > ``afslog -c stacken.kth.se'' should do it.
>
> Got it. Now klist -T lists:
>
> AFS tokens:
> Aug 11 12:44:16  Aug 11 20:29:15  User's (AFS ID 1000) tokens for stacken.kth.se
>
> I still can't write anything to my Stacken home directory,
> though. What's this about AFS ID 1000? If I login to a local machine
> at Stacken, I get AFS ID 18476. It seems it takes the ID from the
> local /etc/passwd. Does this matter?

kauth write down your local uid since it can't figure out your afsid (since
there is no rx-support in kth-krb). If you want it to show your afsid use
klog, or get tokens with aklog instead of afslog. (aklog is part of current
arla).

It might be so that arlad has cached that you are not permited to write to
your directory, try `fs flush .' and `fs flushv .' on your directory, and
after that a `afslog'. Now it should work.