arlad configuration

mc@hack.org mc at hack.org
Wed Aug 16 10:47:58 CEST 2000

Love <lha at stacken.kth.se> writes:

> mc at hack.org writes:

> > I snarfed arla 0.34.1 and the latest kth-krb. I compiled them on
> > Debian GNU/Linux systems with a 2.2.16 kernel and glibc 2.1 running on
> > Intel.

> Debian, that triggers the first question, do you run the same kernel
> as the headerfiler are in /usr/include/linux/*. Just have to ask,
> been bitten by if too many times.

Yes, I know. I've been bitten by that before as well. Nowadays I keep
the kernel header files updated when I upgrade the kernel.

> Did you build with pthread support or with lwp ? (--with-pthreads ?)

I have no previous experience with lwp, so I chose to build Arla with
pthreads. I foolishly figured I'd go with the native thread support
instead of what I presumed was some home grown kit (that is,
lwp). Once I followed Derrick's advice to recompile Arla with lwp, it
worked like a charm and none of the previous errors appeared.

--
Baron Rev. Dr. Georg Mikael "MC" von Cardell, Scientific Goth
Temple of the Moby Hack