xfs kernel modul on NetBSD m68k

Christoph Wissing wissing at mail.desy.de
Sun Aug 6 16:42:38 CEST 2000

On 5 Aug 2000, Love wrote:

> Ok, they you run the command 'trace' to get a backtrace. The top function
> in the one it crashed in.
>
> To make a kernel dump you type 'reboot 100' if I remember it correctly.

[cut some futher details]

Meanwhile the story continues. First of all I made a mistake when loading
the kernel module: The running kernel that I have started from AmigaOS did
not match /netbsd. After fixing that I can load the kernel module.

But I have still problems:

After successful load of the kernel module a start of arlad leads to a
kernel crash :-(
It makes no difference wheather I start with -z or -t.

Further comments and observations (perhasps hints for experts?):
1.)
mount_xfs complains : device not configured. I run xfs_makedev after
laoding the kernel module and xfs0 appears in /dev.

2.)
I had to overcome a problem when I compiled xfs_messages.c.
VM_PHSSEG_SIZE (or some similar) was found to be undefined. This variable
is used in some include which itself is included by vm.h.
Two methods let the code compile:
a) When I grep for that variable name I found another vmparam.h in another
amiga specific directory. Replacing did the job.
b) I hacked the config.h. Not all includes found by configure are needed
to define the vbariables used in xfs_message.

But in the end I habe the same situation:
I can either use arlad -t without kernel module. Or I get a crash if I
have loaded the kernel module.

What do you think is the main source of the problem xfs_mod or arlad?

Nevertheless I will try to setup a debug kernel that should provide
additional information to trace the problem.

Cheers,

	Christoph