xfs kernel modul on NetBSD m68k

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Sat Aug 5 21:55:59 CEST 2000

Christoph Wissing <wissing at mail.desy.de> writes:

> Hi arla-drinkers,
>
> after getting arla-0.33 compiled I have a big problem with the kernel
> model. Loading xfs_mod.o via modload crashes the kernel. It jumps into the
> kernel debugger.
>
> I have really no experince with kernel moduls and how to use the debugger.
> If you tell me how to provide some debug information I will do it.
> What is the most critical part in xfs concerning loading? Perhaps I can
> spot something strange there.

Ok, they you run the command 'trace' to get a backtrace. The top function
in the one it crashed in.

To make a kernel dump you type 'reboot 100' if I remember it correctly.

To use a kernel dump with gdb you'll need to build a kernel with

  makeoptions	DEBUG="-g"	# compile full symbol table

Then you can get a backtrace i gdb

cd /var/crash
gdb
file netbsd.$n
target kcore netbsd.$n.core
symbol-file /sys/arch/amiga/$NAME/netbsd.gdb

Where $n is the latest kernel dump number and $NAME is the name of your
kernel. If you /var isn's large to hold the crashdump you can make
/var/crash a symlink to somewhere there is room for it. Its also possible
to run `savecore </dir>` so manually retrieve the corefile.