xfs kernel modul on NetBSD m68k

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Mon Aug 7 13:19:53 CEST 2000

Christoph Wissing <wissing at mail.desy.de> writes:

> But I have still problems:
>
> After successful load of the kernel module a start of arlad leads to a
> kernel crash :-(
> It makes no difference wheather I start with -z or -t.
>
> Further comments and observations (perhasps hints for experts?):
> 1.)
> mount_xfs complains : device not configured. I run xfs_makedev after
> laoding the kernel module and xfs0 appears in /dev.

You should run modload as its done in the /usr/arla/bin/startarla script or
the load target in the makefile xfs/bsd/Makefile. That will take care
creating the device for you.

> 2.)
> I had to overcome a problem when I compiled xfs_messages.c.
> VM_PHSSEG_SIZE (or some similar) was found to be undefined. This variable
> is used in some include which itself is included by vm.h.
> Two methods let the code compile:
> a) When I grep for that variable name I found another vmparam.h in another
> amiga specific directory. Replacing did the job.
> b) I hacked the config.h. Not all includes found by configure are needed
> to define the vbariables used in xfs_message.

It looks to me that this define only exist in the
<amiga/include/vmparam.h>. Where is it used ?

> But in the end I habe the same situation:
> I can either use arlad -t without kernel module. Or I get a crash if I
> have loaded the kernel module.
>
> What do you think is the main source of the problem xfs_mod or arlad?

In xfs_mod.

> Nevertheless I will try to setup a debug kernel that should provide
> additional information to trace the problem.

Can you type trace i ddb to get a backtrace and post that ?