problems to compile arla on NetBSD m68k

Christoph Wissing wissing at mail.desy.de
Sat Aug 5 21:33:27 CEST 2000

Dear Harald,

this weekend I found some time to continue my investigations on arla on a
NetBSD m68k.

> What kind of m68k box have you got? There are different branches in
> the NetBSD kernel source for example mac68k, next68k ...

I have an Amiga2000. Equipped with a 68040 board. I am a little bit
proud that I still use my very first computer :-)

> Can you compile a new kernel? If yes, have a look at how locore.o is
> made, because locore.o sure is assembled from locore.s
>
> Something like
>
> cd /usr/src/sys/arch/your-m68k-arch/compile/GENERIC/
> mv locore.o locore.o.out-of-the-way
> make locore.o

This works. Thank you for the hint. I had a look at the code there. The
registers are all addressed as a-somenumber. In the arla routine the
registers are nammed %a-somenumber. If I remove all the "%"-signs, the
code compiles without any futher changes.

Positive news arlad runs in test mode :-)

But I have a probleme with the kernel module. in order keep track on the
list I will post this with another subject.

Thanks once again.

	Christoph