[LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk: Arla 0.27 on S.u.S.E]

Dr A V Le Blanc LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk
Wed Oct 6 10:42:07 CEST 1999

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 02:22:24PM -0400, Chris Wing wrote:
> The problem may lie in libkafs's krb_afslog() function, which calls upon
> krb_realm_of_cell() to determine which Kerberos realm it should attempt to
> get a ticket for.
> - (from my reading) the libkafs code assumes that the AFS server is in the
> realm MCC.AC.UK, from it's domain name
> Try adding the following to /etc/krb.realms and see if it solves your
> problem:
>
> .mcc.ac.uk	MCC.AC.GB

This certainly changes the symptoms; I next got:

     > klog zlsiial
     zlsiial at mcc.ac.gb's Password:
     klog: Unable to get an AFS token: Time is out of bounds (krb_rd_req)

Needless to say, I checked the time, and it was 15 seconds off.
(The person who set up the S.u.S.E machine didn't know about xntp,
I guess.)  Having fixed that, I can now get a token!

Thanks for the help.  I take it you'll be sharing this bug with the
keberos-4 people at KTH?  Also, I wonder why this problem doesn't
affect Debian systems, but does affect the S.u.S.E one?

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk