[LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk: Arla 0.27 on S.u.S.E]

Dr A V Le Blanc LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 12:19:21 CEST 1999

> On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:04:36 I wrote:
> I managed to get arla 0.27 compiled and running on a S.u.S.E. 6.1
> system...
> I can now see my local cell's files.  But I cannot
> authenticate.  I have
>
>      nm-> klog zlsiial
>      zlsiial at mcc.ac.gb's Password:
>      klog: Unable to get an AFS token: Can't get inter-realm ticket granting
>           ticket (get_ad_tkt)
>      nm-> cat /etc/krb.conf
>      MCC.AC.GB
>      MCC.AC.GB ice.mcc.ac.uk admin server
>      MCC.AC.GB rock.mcc.ac.uk admin server
>      MCC.AC.GB snow.mcc.ac.uk admin server
>      nm-> cat /etc/krb.realms
>      mcc.ac.gb       MCC.AC.GB
>      .mcc.ac.gb      MCC.AC.GB
>      nm-> cat /usr/arla/etc/ThisCell
>      mcc.ac.gb
>
> Why does the klog (the one which comes with arla 0.27) think it
> needs an inter-realm ticket?  Incidentally arla was compiled
> and linked with kth kerberos snapshot 19990620.

I have not heard anything further since I sent debug output to
this list.  I did wonder whether S.u.S.E's library setup was
causing problems, so I did relink klog manually, but it still
fails.  I have an strace, which is rather long...  I've put
it at ftp://ftp.mcc.ac.uk/beta/strace.klog (or
/afs/mcc.ac.gb/ftp/beta/strace.klog).

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk