unlog problem

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Tue Oct 5 11:39:06 CEST 1999

yasushi at cs.washington.edu writes:

> I'm trying arla-hollywood on linux-2.2.7 with kerberos commands from
> Transarc.  Everything seems to work fine until the ticket expires. But
> after that, I get a message like below upon login.
>
> unlog: could not discard tickets, code 11862789

datan:~$ ; grep 11862789 /usr/afsws/include/*/*
/usr/afsws/include/afs/auth.h:#define KTC_NOPIOCTL                             (11862789L)

Dunno why it thinks that, arlad/xfs never returns it so it comes from klog
somewhere. Are you sure don't have a dead arlad ?

> Then any attempt to authenticate myself using klog, etc, fails.
> afs_syscall(.., VIOCSETTOK, ) is returning EINVAL.

The first VIOCSETTOK is a probe to check if there is afs.
(if there isn't, you get SIGKILL or ENOSYS depending on platform)

Does the arla equivalent tools work ?

Does the call ever reach arlad ? Turn on some debugging and see if there is
any output. Run /usr/arla/bin/fs arladeb almost-all, and look in the
syslog.

Could we get a little longer strace of what is happening with the unlog
and klog ? (don't post it to the list, put it somewhere where we can
download it).