Thanks. but...

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Wed Mar 24 16:23:39 CET 1999

Hee-Seok Heo <hsheo at postech.ac.kr> writes:

> Arla configure doesn't dectect  KRB_PRINCIPAL,
> so I insert this line into include/config.h
> #define HAVE_KRB_PRINCIPAL
> After then, I can compile arla.
>
> Is it my mistake?

Why does the test fail ? (what is the relevant output on config.log ?)

> I try mount /afs with such script as
>
> #!/bin/sh
> /sbin/insmod /usr/arla/bin/xfs.o
> /usr/arla/bin/arlad
> /bin/mount -t xfs arla /afs
>
> But after then, I can't find any file under /afs(ls /afs)
> Next time, I try 'umount /afs' and 'mount /afs'.
> Then it works well.
> I guess that arlad require some delay time.
> Why don't you insert the 'sleep(??)' before the parent process exits ?

Try too start arla with --fork-late.

> p.s ----- if possible, please let me know the solution of following
> problems.
> How can I get the tokens from afsserver?

If you use krb-krb's kauth (0.9.9 and newer) you should get local tokens
for the cell meantioned in /usr/arla/etc/ThisCells

> I tried afslog in /usr/athena/bin, but I got this message,
>
> hsheo at POSTECH.AC.KR's Password:
> kerberos-iv/* unknown service, using default port 750
> kauth: Can't send request (send_to_kdc)
>
> The port 750 is the same with krb4-0.9.9/etc/services.append,
> so I think that I made  another mistake.
> I try 7004 which is the port of afs3-kaserver, but I can't too.

You should use port 750 for kerberos-iv/*, since the ka-server also speaks
kerberosIV protocol on that port.

Do you have a /etc/krb.conf that defines the ka-servers for POSTECH.AC.KR ?