Thanks. but...

Magnus Ahltorp map at stacken.kth.se
Wed Mar 24 17:07:42 CET 1999

> I try mount /afs with such script as
>
> #!/bin/sh
> /sbin/insmod /usr/arla/bin/xfs.o
> /usr/arla/bin/arlad
> /bin/mount -t xfs arla /afs
>
> But after then, I can't find any file under /afs(ls /afs)

This is because xfs didn't find a fully started arlad when /afs was
mounted. This results in an empty /afs, and this is normal. When xfs
presents an empty /afs in this way, arlad is not probed for until a
process uses something in /afs. This is not harmful, unless some
program depends on listing the files in /afs.

If you are irritated by not seeing any files, issue the command
"ls /afs/stacken.kth.se" (or some other cell), and the files will
appear.

> Next time, I try 'umount /afs' and 'mount /afs'.
> Then it works well.

This is because xfs probes arlad for a root directory when /afs is
mounted.

> I guess that arlad require some delay time.
> Why don't you insert the 'sleep(??)' before the parent process exits ?

If you use the script /usr/arla/bin/startarla, you will find that
functionality there.

/Magnus