User level permissions

Chris Wing wingc at engin.umich.edu
Fri Jun 25 18:04:37 CEST 1999

Tim:

> This is the second time I have seen a message regarding kauth/klog/aklog.
> My question is, has someoen written the authentication programs for arla,
> and I somehow missed seeing the announcement?  Or... am I just delierious
> and they have been around all along?

The 'kauth' that most people are probably using is that included in KTH
Kerberos, which you can download at:

ftp://ftp.pdc.kth.se/pub/krb/src/krb4-0.9.9.tar.gz

> Anyway, I noted that 'tokens' was now included in arla.. but I still don't
> see a klog/kauth/aklog (or a variant thereof).  Could someone point me to
> the place that I could obtain them from?

I wrote a simple perl wrapper for kauth last year that tries to emulate
klog from the official AFS:

http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/kthkrb/klog
http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/kthkrb/klog.1

but to make it work as intended you also need this patch to the KTH source
to add a few options to kauth:

http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/kthkrb/kauth.patch
http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/kthkrb/kauth-man.patch

Here's my version of 'tokens' I wrote before one appeared in Arla:

http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/kthkrb/tokens
http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/kthkrb/tokens.1

You'll want this patch to the KTH source too, as otherwise you can't list
the tokens you have if you don't also have a Kerberos ticket:

http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/kthkrb/klist-tokens.patch

-Chris Wing

wingc at engin.umich.edu