User level permissions

Tim Yardley yardley at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 25 17:46:51 CEST 1999

: which is fortunately quite easy to reproduce: I log in as root, then
: do
:
:  kauth schoepf
:
: This works, I can then access all my files in AFS. If I now create a

This is the second time I have seen a message regarding kauth/klog/aklog.
My question is, has someoen written the authentication programs for arla,
and I somehow missed seeing the announcement?  Or... am I just delierious
and they have been around all along?

Anyway, I noted that 'tokens' was now included in arla.. but I still don't
see a klog/kauth/aklog (or a variant thereof).  Could someone point me to
the place that I could obtain them from?

Also, what is the current arla out there right now (all the new fandangled
patches to fix broken things).  I am just running  0.25 original release.

Thanks in advance for the help.

/tmy

-- Diving into infinity my consciousness expands in inverse
   proportion to my distance from singularity