Disconnected arla

Dr A V Le Blanc LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk
Thu Feb 25 18:33:34 CET 1999

On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 09:45:55AM -0500, wwshen at eecs.umich.edu wrote:
>     If you want to use the disconnected mode, you can issue the
> following commands:
>
> fs connect dis (enter the disconnected mode)
> ........	(Do anything you want)
> fs connect replay (replay all the operations above and you are
> still in disconnected mode)
>
>     If you want to return to the normal mode, you can issue the
> command as follows:
>
> fs connect connect

Thanks for the information, but it does not seem to be correct.
For me, 'fs connect dis' works, except that the whole of /afs
shortly becomes invisible; you can't cd to it or see any files:

     $ cd /afs
     bash: cd: /afs: Operation not supported by device

and you can't give either of the other commands:

     # fs connect replay
     connect [connected|fetch|disconnected]
     # fs connect fetch
     fs : invalid argument; it is possible that [unknown path] is not in AFS.
     # fs connect connect
     fs : invalid argument; it is possible that [unknown path] is not in AFS.

So I am no further along than before...

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk