Disconnected arla

wwshen@eecs.umich.edu wwshen at eecs.umich.edu
Thu Feb 25 19:19:20 CET 1999

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Dr A V Le Blanc wrote:

> Thanks for the information, but it does not seem to be correct.
> For me, 'fs connect dis' works, except that the whole of /afs

     What do you mean 'fs connect dis' works?

> shortly becomes invisible; you can't cd to it or see any files:
>
>      $ cd /afs
>      bash: cd: /afs: Operation not supported by device

   I am not clear about this. Could you email me your command
list when you enter the disconnected mode? If you enter that directory
first time after you have set disconnected mode, "Network is down" should
be reported. Thanks.
wuwei

                                                 /~~~~~~|
                                                /  FUN  |
                                               /        |    ,,,
                                               ~~~~~~~~~|   /'^'\
                                                        o  ( o o )
*                Wuwei SHEN                                              *
*   Office: Room 3214, EECS Building                                     *
*           University of Michigan                                       *
*  http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wwshen          .ooo0            *
*              tel:(313)764-1571                        (   )   Oooo.    *
                                                                (_/