fs sysname

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
Mon Apr 26 00:52:44 CEST 1999

In message <Pine.SOL.3.96.990425152013.29110A-100000 at isis.erc.clarkson.edu>, To
dd Cohen writes:
+-----
| well, i guess that since arla uses i386_linux6 and transarc's client uses
| i386_linux2 (for kernel 2.2.x) user specified sysnames could be usefull..
| why is arla's different from transarcs? i assume the 6 is because of
| glibc?
+--->8

i386_linux22, actually.  And the unofficial 2.0 client uses i386_linux2 for
libc5 and i386_linux3 for libc6.  (Which leaves me stuck no matter what:
we're using i386_linux2g because I deployed a libc6 Linux with AFS before the
"standards" (such as they are) settled down :-)

brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery at ece.cmu.edu
carnegie mellon / electrical and computer engineering			 KF8NH