First attempt with arla-0.6

Assar Westerlund assar at sics.se
Wed Jun 3 21:31:24 CEST 1998

LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk writes:
> This also works, at least in that the module loads without errors.
> So I have two possible solutions to my immediate problem.

Needless to say, I think the patch I sent is the correct way of
solving the problem. :-)

> I have been trying to get debug information.  There's not a lot
> of documentation, but I've tried 'arlad --debug=all' without any
> effect.  Can anyone suggest further things to look at.

Per default that output would go to syslog.  I suggest running `arlad
-n --debug=all' which will not fork and send the debug output to
stderr.

All your problems sounds like xfs isn't able to communicate with
arlad, so the debug output from arlad will probably be helpful.

> The kthkrb4 stuff is installed, but it is the December version, and
> does not recognise arla as AFS, so that, for example, pagsh doesn't
> actually get a PAG.

The easiest way of fixing that should be copying /usr/arla/etc/* to
/usr/vice/etc/.

/assar