Vilken server...

Felipe Garcia felipe at garcia-lind.com
Fri Nov 28 11:40:11 CET 2008

If you really want a server that will work  (linux freebsd windows
whatever) and you can get help in case they break then pay for a hp
with a 5 year 4 hour on site carepack  (they have 3 years too).. those
servers do last that long. Just dont buy their cheap server, go for a
least a dl300 or a ML300 and get sas disks they are made to last,
sata disk are built to last 2 years and are a lot slower and often
fail in groups...

even dell have good servers now as well (1950 or 2950) but again buy
the support from day one as long as you can get it.. worth every öre
the day you need it..  and don't buy their disk shelves they are nasty
even the newer ml1100  shelves have problems with the back plans which
fail disk at random....

mullet southpole etc are quite ok but after 2 years they start to
"fall apart" and you can't expect 4 hour on site service from them and
there is no ways of getting parts for them after two years. if the
motherboard breaks then you buy a new motherboard cpu and memory..
(take it from experience it was a lot of extra work and caused
loooonnnggg downtime... )

//felipe