Looking for AFS Information

Morales, Ana ana.morales at intel.com
Mon Aug 22 17:43:23 CEST 2011

Hello,

I see that Arla is a project that studies Andrew File system and it appears that you have implemented in your university?   Is this a project that still active at your university?    I am trying to find out if there are any vendors (or open source) that have taken  AFS and make it a product.    My understanding is that a while back IBM had purchased Transarc  but there is no support for that anymore.

I am looking for file systems products that can provide access to global data (flat files) efficiently in an optimized way, in real time; the clients can be sitting in multiple geographic locations.    I thought to write to you since seem very familiar with AFS and  perhaps can you provide me with names or refer me to someone   else that can help me pursue this.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Ana Morales
IT Market Research Analyst | IT Strategy, Architecture & Innovation
Intel Corp., Hudson, MA | office  978-553-5617