arla on FreeBSD 6 or 7?

Rasmus Kaj kaj at kth.se
Fri Jan 25 10:31:43 CET 2008

tor 2008-01-24 klockan 12:57 -0600 skrev Alec Kloss:

> I'm wondering what people's thoughts are about installing into
> /usr/local/arla vs. /usr/local.  The primary perk is it avoids
> conflicting with OpenAFS binaries installed in /usr/local.  It's
> not exactly hier(7)-correct.  The other options I could think of
> are:

I think this (alternative 0?) is the best one actually.  Maybe extend
the idea to install into $ARLA_PREFIX and have that default
to /usr/local/arla.

That way, anyone who doesn't have OpenAFS installed and want strict
hier-correctness can set ARLA_PREFIX=$(PREFIX) in /etc/make.conf.

--
Rasmus Kaj <kaj at kth.se>