arla on FreeBSD 6 or 7?

Thomas Kula kula at tproa.net
Fri Jan 25 01:27:21 CET 2008

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 03:51:41PM -0400, User Scrappy wrote:

> I'm still *very* novice to this whole thing, so haven't quite figured out
> how to set things up, but installing both the openafs-server and arla
> ports went without a hitch on my 6-STABLE boxes at home ... I'm clearing
> off a drive right now that I can use as a 'playground' for this, which I
> hope to be able to do over the weekend ...
>
> Does anyone know of a good 'setup tutorial' for AFS / arla?  something
> quick and dirty that works?

A co-worker and I did this back in 2005. It's for NetBSD,
but I think pretty much everything should translate, based
on my limited knowledge of FreeBSD:
 http://kula.tproa.net/talks/afsbpw2005/

It's more cookbook than tutorial, though.

--
Thomas L. Kula | kula at tproa.net | http://kula.tproa.net/
Mathom House at Ypsi-Edge, The People's Republic of Ames