towards getting netbsd 4 supported as well as 3 is

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Mon Nov 12 22:49:31 CET 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 21:59 +0100, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> Could please someone commit this change to an arla stable branch?

Thanks, your patch now lives in arla-0-44-branch, and it's headed for
HEAD within a few(?) days. Maybe the pags and full netbsd-4 support as
well, most tests now pass with my patches.

> BTW what functionality is lost by removal of the filehandle functionality?
> Is nnpfs supposed to be nfs-re-exportable?

For HEAD, we currently don't lose anything. For versions < 0.90, we used
filehandles to avoid lookups (like for all cache file access in arlad).
Unfortunately, as we haven't been able to get it to work on all OS:es, I
don't care much about it now.

Once upon a time nnpfs was reexportable, but I don't think it's been
used lately. Working code is welcome.

Thanks again, and sorry for the delay.

/t