towards getting netbsd 4 supported as well as 3 is

Pavel Cahyna pavel.cahyna at matfyz.cz
Thu Nov 1 21:59:11 CET 2007

hello,

I have applied your patch and arla compiles. Now, there was a VFS API
change in NetBSD-current in last December [1] which was pulled up to netbsd-4,
so the following patch is needed. Thanks to Chuck Silvers for review.

Without it, a DIAGNOSTIC kernel crashes soon with a panic from lockmgr.

I have used arla with this change for a long time and it seems stable.

Could please someone commit this change to an arla stable branch?

BTW what functionality is lost by removal of the filehandle functionality?
Is nnpfs supposed to be nfs-re-exportable?

Pavel

[1] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2006/12/09/0025.html