UFS2 with SAN

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 21 14:15:29 CET 2007

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Robert Watson wrote:

>> I'm already funded and can work full time on this, but a FreeBSD hacker
>> would help a lot.  Any volunteers?
>
> I'm not the right person to talk to you about FreeBSD VFS/buffering, but I'm
> very interested in seeing support for Arla improve for recent FreeBSD
> versions.  In particular, I think it would be very helpful it it worked on
> FreeBSD 7-CURRENT, which would facilitate merging nnpfs into CVS.  This
> might help solve the "forever playing catchup" problem that Arla seems
> constantly to experience with FreeBSD, in which nnpfs (previously xfs) gets
> left behind and works only on stale FreeBSD versions.  In any recent FreeBSD
> kernel, nnpfs will need to run as an MPSAFE file system, however.

FYI to all as a follow-up on this thread: I've set Tomas up with an account on
the FreeBSD Perforce server as a place to do the work-in-progress, which
should improve exposure in (and opportunity for collaboration with) the
FreeBSD developer community, as well as making it easier to track the
7-CURRENT mainline.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge