UFS2 with SAN

Rick C. Petty rick-arla at kiwi-computer.com
Thu Feb 15 02:00:17 CET 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 01:52:51AM +0100, Christopher Arnold wrote:

> > DragonFly support is most likely fading away, AFAIK nobody's testing
> > it. arla-0.43 (and arla-0-44-branch) should work on FreeBSD 5, let us know
> > if there are any issues with that.
> >
> Hmm i managed to crash my system by doing an "ls -R" in /afs/something on
> FreeBSD 5.5.

Hmm, works fine here.  Are you on an SMP system?  PAE enabled?  nvidia
driver?  I'm not sure what else to ask.

> > Last time I tried on 5.5 it kept crashing on me in the turnstile walk.
> >
> My experience above with "ls -R" was also on 5.5 running arla-0.43.

Works fine, just tested it:

arla-0.38 on 5.4-RELEASE-p22
arla-0.39 on 5.4-RELEASE-p8
arla-0.41 on 5.5-RELEASE-p8
arla-0.43 on 5.5-RELEASE-p8

Granted, I didn't wait until the ls completed, cuz that would take too
long.  Maybe your cache was full?  I'm not the arla expert here (obviously).

-- Rick C. Petty