healthy installation on os x does not connect at some locations

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Mon Oct 9 13:56:31 CEST 2006

> As for the situation with the error
> /usr/arla/bin/rxdebug lise(anna,sculpin).pdc.kth.se 7000 -version
> Trying 194.132.193.217 (port 7000):
> get version call failed with code -1, errno 0

Anna and lise will not answer on port 7000. Sculpin does.

> how the outward connection can be firewalled? I am sure now that the
> laptops are still otside of the department firewall, but the
> university firewall allows the afs traffic. It migh be not possible
> to find the intermediate misconfigured link.

Go to your provider. Sunet delivers the bits to your provider, if
they fail to forward them, you don't have full Internet. If works
for example from UPC, Bredbandsbolaget, etc etc.

> Is there any way to tunnel the afs connection? Like ssh tunnel.

No. You could write the program. I don't think you want to.

Harald.