healthy installation on os x does not connect at some locations

Tomas Olsson tol at it.su.se
Mon Oct 9 13:49:23 CEST 2006

Anton Grigoriev <tfsangr at fy.chalmers.se> writes:
> this functionality is not critical - I mostly need to read the data after
> my calculations.

Ok, then you're probably fine without callbacks as long as you don't happen
to have a file with the same name in your cache already, in which case you
may end up reading the old data.  Restarting arla or just using
/usr/arla/bin/fs flush (or flushvolume) on the file will give you fresh
data.

> As for the situation with the error
> /usr/arla/bin/rxdebug lise(anna,sculpin).pdc.kth.se 7000 -version
> Trying 194.132.193.217 (port 7000):
> get version call failed with code -1, errno 0

Of those only sculpin should reply, 7000 is the fileserver port. lise is a
client, anna is a volume location server.

And that's such a helpful error message. Not.

So on what ports do you have connectivity now?

> Is there any way to tunnel the afs connection? Like ssh tunnel.

Not that I know of, but I'll leave that one for the tunneling experts.  Is
it possible to push all outgoing traffic on certain ports into a tunnel
instead of the ordinary network interface?  Better solutions?

/t