Simple patch for pts.c

Tomas Olsson tol at it.su.se
Thu Nov 16 13:26:39 CET 2006

Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz at cmu.edu> writes:

> On Friday, November 10, 2006 10:45:20 AM +0100 Tomas Olsson <tol at it.su.se>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks. The original mistake was most likely in that this is the only
> > place where the host argument was added after 'cell', so I'd prefer just
> > reordering the command's arguments for consistency. Would that cause any
> > problems (like widely deployed arla-dependent scripts for example)?
> >
> > It would also make it slightly less different from the OpenAFS version,
> > which is good.
>
> I'm not sure I follow this.  OpenAFS doesn't have a -host argument to pts
> chown, or any other pts subcommand.  Maximal compatibility with OpenAFS
> would require putting any new arguments last, and preferably requiring that
> the corresponding switches be given explicitly.

Good catch. It was meant to read "...was added after 'cell'".

You're very correct, hopefully what went into CVS was almost as
correct. We ended up with
  pts chown [-name] user/group [-owner] owner [-cell cellname] [-host server] [-noauth]
which should match the other commands that got a 'host' arg back in the good ol'
days.

Thanks
          /t