nnpfs/xfs_message.h documentation

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Wed Jun 21 17:05:15 CEST 2006

Kristaps Johnson <kristaps at gradient-enterprises.com> writes:
> I can tell all!  The project is called `rfs', a BSD-licensed
> replicating fs protocol.

Neat, I'll look forward to seeing the details.

> Care to talk specifications?  Since I'm in the early stages of
> implementation, taking extra time to contribute a well-documented
> library would benefit us all.

Sounds like a plan. There may be other interested parties on this list,
too.  I haven't thought much about this in detail, it's just that every
once in a while people pop up and build some fs, and they all copy/adapt
large parts of arlad.  And I would like to have a simple example daemon for
newcomers to play with.

Hm. Maybe it's time we add a list of other open source daemons to the FAQ
or smth.  There's the incomplete
http://www.adaptive-enterprises.com.au/~d/software/ftpfs/, any other
pointers?  I'll search the archives.

Anyway, I just figured one could make a lib out of the arlad/kernel.c,
maybe parts of messages.c.  Right now there's a lot of fcache "internal"
node state that messages.c actually uses.  Any ideas?  Where would one keep
node statinfo?

You'll probably notice when you duplicate things from arlad, that should be
a good place to start.

/t