Tokens disappearing on freebsd 5.5

Scott Peshak speshak at iastate.edu
Wed Jun 21 10:32:46 CEST 2006

After taking a few day break from my token issues i went at it again tonight.

While comparing the differences between getting tickets/tokens in my
cell against getting tickets/tokens for my roommate's cell i noticed
the following differences:

When running 'kinit speshak at RANDOMSCREWS.NET" (my cell) i get the
following tickets
krbtgt/RANDOMSCREWS.NET at RANDOMSCREWS.NET
afs at RANDOMSCREWS.NET

Whereas for my roommate's cell:
kinit speshak at LANDEX.INFO
krbtgt/LANDEX.INFO at LANDEX.INFO

Also after running afslog tickets for my realm remain unchanged, but
for LANDEX.INFO i gain a afs/landex.info at LANDEX.INFO ticket.

If i change afs-use-524=yes in my krb5.conf i do get
afs/randomscrews.net at RANDOMSCREWS.NET tickets, but afslog no longer
works (i'm not actually running a 524 service)

Does any of this point to some obvious problem i'm missing?  I've been
comparing various config files in both realms/cells and i'm seeing no
differences.

Scott