arla, openbsd, apache chroot

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Wed Jan 18 16:14:37 CET 2006

> > > i have apache running in chroot, under openbsd38 release, with
> > > /var/www/dev/xfs0 symlinking /afs to /var/www/afs for the
> > non-chrooted stuff.
> >
> > xfs has been discontinued from Arla a long time ago. You may want to
> > ask your maintainer about porting a recent version of arla.
>
> Theo doesn't like company names in device drivers and service names.

So NNP is bad because there has been a producer in the food sector
that has been associated with that abbreviation? Now merged into
another in Sweden well known company. Still in the food business. And
xfs is better? XFS the SGI filesystem? XFS.DE? And we have BSD.SE. I
guess I could find more abbreviations in the OpenBSD tree than can be
associated with companies even in the software business.

> nnpfs is renamed xfs and arla is renamed afs where it is exposed to
> users. This is probably the way it will continue to be, so could we just
> accept this and stop harping on it each time OpenBSD and Arla are
> brought up in the same sentence?

I say so because it may explain why I won't support that branch of the
source. Your renaming/patching. Your problem.

> Hin mumbled something about Todd (I think it was) was making an effort.
> I've got a box freed up now that I could do some work on as well.

Time will tell.

Harald.