Linux kernel 2.6.15 changes break arla 0.41 module build

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Tue Jan 10 10:35:34 CET 2006

Michael Milligan <milli at acmeps.com> writes:
> 1) user_get_super() is no longer exported.
[...]
> 2) Semaphore usage changes in fs.h, hiding the namespace semaphore.

We could probably implement user_get_super() ourselves using bdget() and
get_super(), but I have no idea how to properly get hold of the vfsmount
without using the namespace.

We use these things as part of the fh_open functionality. It was meant to
improve performance by having arlad pass cache file handles instead of
paths, letting nnpfs avoid doing path lookups. I simply cut the fh
functionality for now (see cvs), we can do without it. I didn't investigate
the performance effects all that much, but I didn't see any obvious
differences. Proper benchmark results are welcome.

For now I'm quite happy with just avoiding the fh mine field, but if there
are any ideas on how to do it properly...

thanks
        /t (managed to miss the 2.6.15 release somehow)