arla on OS X 10.4

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Thu Feb 9 10:42:59 CET 2006

> 	I am rather puzzled as to why it works from the account I have
> installed it from but not from another account on the same machine.
> What am I missing?

The OSX shipped and the heimdal use different ticket caches.
Heimdal can not use API: style cache. OSX might be able to
use FILE: ticket caches. This is controlled by the KRB5CCNAME
environment variable. Default name in heimdal is something like
UID=`id -u`
KRB5CCNAME=FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_$UID
export KRB5CCNAME

So compare the answers from OSX klist and /usr/arla/bin/kinit.

There was this utility to sync these caches before...

Harald.