arla on OS X 10.4

Keith Johnston keith at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Thu Feb 9 03:19:26 CET 2006

Hi
	I am trying out the arla client on my iMac and have found an
interesting problem.
	I installed the arla-0.41 client using the package supplied on to
my  iMac G5 from my account, and configured it from the arla
configuration app and can obtain Kerberos 5 tickets  using the OS X
built in Kerberos  or using /usr/arla/bin/kinit  and can obtain
tokens for our cells using the afslog app all OK.
	when I log into my machine from a different account I can obtain
tickets from the built in Kerberos but I cannot obtain tickets or
tokens using /usr/arla/bin/kinit  and the afslog app.
from asflog I get the following message

$afslog -c ec.auckland.ac.nz --verbose
afslog: Getting tokens for cell "ec.auckland.ac.nz"
afslog: krb5_afslog(ec.auckland.ac.nz): No such file or directory
$

	I am rather puzzled as to why it works from the account I have
installed it from but not from another account on the same machine.
What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Keith
Keith Johnston									xtn: 87977
Computer Support
Computer Science Department					Rm 395

	This email is brought to you by the letters OS X and the number 10,4
and 4