arla on Mac OS Tiger

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Sun Oct 23 23:55:02 CEST 2005

> This looks okay to me, but I don't know if there have to be any ports
> opened in the router's internal firewall. Looking at the arla doc I
> didn't found any information about this, but I'm pretty sure some of you
>   will know.

Before tinkering with your firewall, check first that your computer is
really allowed to talk to the cern.ch kdc (137.138.128.158?) on any of
the kerberos ports. But this is not really an AFS/arla question, this
is a kerberos question. As soon as you have a kerberos ticket granting
ticket from kinit, afslog will get an afs service ticket and push it
into the kernel for AFS/arla to use.

This seems to be a case for cern.ch user support. If you ask me,
Cern makes it difficult for themselves and I don't understand why.

Harald.

PS:

>Torsten
>Port 7001 should be open . This is the standard OpenAFS convention.

You'll need some more ports for working AFS, at least

afs3-fileserver 7000/udp                        # file server itself
afs3-callback   7001/udp                        # callbacks to cache managers
afs3-prserver   7002/udp                        # users & groups database
afs3-vlserver   7003/udp                        # volume location database
afs3-volser     7005/udp                        # volume managment server

And the kerberos port(s) dependent on the kerberos version you use.
And kaserver which is not used any more (or at least should not) is
7004/udp.