roken and heimdal dependencies

Michael Milligan milli at acmeps.com
Wed Nov 9 04:50:23 CET 2005

Tomas Olsson wrote:
> Hi all,
> I need your feedback on a few things.
>
> Short version:
> 1. Do you use arla with some kerberos implementation other than heimdal?

Yes.  MIT Kerberos... krb5 1.3.6.

> 2. Would you be upset if arla was to depend on heimdal being installed?

No because it already depends on heimdal libraries, so that is a loaded
question.  ;-)

> 3. What's your OS/version/platform?

Ubuntu (Debian) Linux, 5.04 and 5.10, on i386 and amd64.

I'm tempted to switch back to the OpenAFS client.  But I like the
architecture of the Arla client better...  keep the kernel space driver
as simple (and non-blocking) as possible.

Regards,
Mike

Michael Milligan                                   -> milli at acmeps.com