roken and heimdal dependencies

Garrett Wollman wollman at csail.mit.edu
Tue Nov 8 17:38:13 CET 2005

<<On 08 Nov 2005 16:44:26 +0100, Tomas Olsson <tol at stacken.kth.se> said:

> Short version:
> 1. Do you use arla with some kerberos implementation other than heimdal?

I wish it were possible, so that I didn't have to install static
Heimdal libraries in a non-standard $PREFIX in order to compile Arla.

> 2. Would you be upset if arla was to depend on heimdal being installed?

Already does, near as I can tell.  At least, I've never found a way to
compile against MIT Kerberos.

> 3. What's your OS/version/platform?

FreeBSD 5.4 and 6.0 on i386 and amd64.

At some point, what I'd really like to have is the Arla client and the
OpenAFS utilities on the same machine.  Right now I have to ssh to a
Lignux machine to do any sort of AFS administration, since the Arla
utilities are so incomplete.

-GAWollman