patches for FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Fri Dec 9 23:47:15 CET 2005

"Rick C. Petty" <rick-arla at kiwi-computer.com> writes:
> unloading the module	OK

Nice.

> unload, arlad running	PANIC (page fault)
> mounting filesystem	PANIC (explained below)

Do you have stack traces? core dump + gdb helps a lot.

> nnpfs_mount: struct mount mp = c19e3400 path = '/afs' data = '/dev/nnpfs0'
> dev = .0
> nnpfs_statfs: mp = c19e3400, sbp = c19e3480, proc = c1cec180
> nnpfs_root mp = c19e3400
> nnpfs_message_rpc opcode = 2
> did not get root, making dead
> make_dead_vnode mp = c19e3400

Is this with no arlad running? nnpfs_root_common tries rpc to arlad to get
the root node, and if that fails (there is usually a lot more debug output
on success) we just cook up a dummy root. From a quick look, my guess is
that you messed up the dead_vnodeop* part...

/t